I’ve had a hard time coming up with a blog post for the past couple of days, so I thought that I’d post a bunch of random stuff about me and about the dogs.
- I was born exactly one week before my sister’s first birthday.
- Even though I love to read and write, I’ve never been able to spell. Thank goodness for spellcheck!
- I’ve ridden Willie Nelson’s horse. Bareback.
- The hospital once told my mom I was dead. (She gets mad at me when she hears me say that, but then she’s thinking of a different trip to the hospital than I am)
- I have the most random food allergies: I’m allergic to pineapple, raw carrots (but not cooked), soy (but not edamaime), and lychee. Melons, bananas and tree nuts are on the ‘should be avoided’ list, but I don’t have a full-blown allergy to them. When I have an allergic reaction to food, my throat swells up and I have a hard time breathing.
- I LOVE cooked carrots, as long as someone else prepares them for me (if I get carrot juice on my skin, I break out into hives.) My favorite way to eat cooked carrots is to dip them in ketchup.
- I’ve always been better at telling stories than at math. When I was trying to learn my times tables, I had to assign each number a personality, then make up stories with the location of the plot being the answer.–1 is just there, 2 is a reporter, 3 is an adventurer, 4 is helpful, 5 is a trickster, 6 is a peacemaker, 7 is a bitch, 8 is a romantic, and 9 is an entrepreneur. (And, no I didn’t know all those words in the 3rd grade)
- I’ve seen a ghost. Or something.
- I love working with my hands.
- I get annoyed with people who think their values and ideals are the only ones of worth, even if I share those values and ideals.
- I don’t remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater, but I like to keep track of what’s playing, and reading about the plots of the movies.
- I struggle in social situations, but I love to perform, give talks and speeches.
- I like to watch ScFi movies and TV shows, but I don’t like to read ScFi books. Same goes for mysteries.
- I have a sweet tooth, but I still prefer carbohydrates. My perfect dessert is a slice of fresh, homemade bread loaded with homemade apricot jam.
- I love working with my hands.
- I’m a daddy’s girl. I love to spend time with my dad, and to geocache and explore the desert with him.
- I love to sing, but I’m not very good. Last time I sang to G, he asked me why I was crying.
- I also love drawing, but am not very good. I’m much better on a computer than with a pencil and paper. I think it all has to do with the “ctrl+z” function.
- Most people assume I’m a democrat. I’m not, I’m more of an independent. It’s just that I don’t think that the government should be the ones telling us who we can marry, what we can do with our bodies, etc.
- My favorite color is orange. My favorite color is orange because when I was a little girl, I loved Rainbow Brite, and my favorite one of her friends was Lala Orange.
- I hate to wear shoes because they make my feet too hot. I inherited this from my Grandpa.
- I sneeze and get a runny nose after I’ve eaten too much. I also inherited this from my Grandpa.
- I love documentaries but hate reality shows.
- I’m obsessed with birds.
- I love water and swimming, but hate wearing a swimming suit. I even like to wash the dishes because it’s an excuse to play in the water!
About the Dogs:
- Max won’t sleep without a toy. It doesn’t really matter what kind. It’s not unusual for me to get up in the morning and find a couple of soft toys, a rope and a raw hide on the bed.
- Lulu HATES to walk on wet grass, but she won’t pee on the sidewalk. This makes for very interesting walks on rainy days.
- Max loves to watch TV. He’s often more interested in the programs than I am.
- Lulu is WAY more social than I am. In her mind, people=friends. Unless Max starts barking at them.
- Both dogs snore. Sometimes when they are awake.
- Max will bark at dogs on TV, even if they don’t make a noise. Lulu barks at whatever Max is barking at.